Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

S.A.D (Social Anxiety Disorder)

                                                                                           


                           Hey everypony, time for another one of those deep meaning blog's that seem the most popular on here. I did a post before on how the Peanuts comic strip was centered around kids with various social issues including Social Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Being that i have both i thought it would be nice to share some of my experiences with them in order to help others who have them. Note: "This is in no way,shape, or form going to be a pity me post or something like that. I don't do that and i find people who do quit ridiculous. This is to help others, not just myself.

                         Anyway onto the actual topic. Many of you will note that i myself have a lot of stuff going on in regards to the internet. I spend much of my free time on there and for a reason. I feel so much more comfortable socializing with others online then in real life. When i meet someone i do not know very well in real life my first instinct i have in my brain is usually to find someway to get out of there, or avoid all unwanted attention (which would be almost any attention by those i am not familiar with). Online however it is quite different. Here i love talking with other people and have no reservations against meeting new people. I think it is because there is a computer screen or two between you and the other person so it is easier to not worry about being judged, but i am not a psychiatrist so don't quote me on that.

                           People with S.A.D typically like to be on there own most of the time. I myself can relate. I spend most of my free time behind my desktop computer either playing video games or going online. This has gotten more apparent over time as at first it was just to get away from strangers, then that list included my distant family members (Grandparents, Cousins, ETC) and now it also includes my closet family members (parents and sister). While i try to override it by setting time to do things with them like watching Phineas and Ferb, and Doctor Who with my Dad ans Sister, Drinking Coffee with my mother, and watching Mythbusters with all of them, i still feel very uncomfortable around them. Thou at least i feel more comfortable around them then around complete strangers like i am at work.

                             One problem that is accompanied many a time with S.A.D is OCD. If you have ever seen the TV show Monk or read the Peanuts comic strip then you have a good idea of what OCD is like. You have odd habits you can not control, you find it hard to get rid of old things, and you  have to have control over everything. Thus why i run this site solo. While i may not be as bad as Linus carrying around an old blanket where ever i go, i still have some old things from my early childhood i can't bring myself to get rid of.

                         Now while there is currently no cure for either of these there is a way to deal with them and live on. Many of us have found safe haven online, where we can socialize with out our problems getting in the way. Online at home jobs have also become a big plus, as well as online shopping. However at the same time it is important to get out on occasion and be with friends in real life. Thus why i have joined the music team in my church, and plan on doing Street Photography as well as Stock Photography and Blogging as a career. Hope you found this interesting and if you continue to like them i will continue to make more post like this in the future. Brony on.

No comments:

Post a Comment