Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Purity by PkLove-Chan


Ok so before i start this critique i figured i should explain the new path i have for Canterlot Weekly. Before this was a news site thing, however with both EQD and OIM taking care of that it's kind of been done to the ground.. Thus probably why my site was not getting much traffic since it was technically the same old thing. So i have decided to dedicate this blog to Art critiques being that Artwork has been a passion of mine for sometime. Anyway this is a piece done by PkLove-Chan on DeviantART http://pklove-chan.deviantart.com/ view after the break for the critique.




This was a very interesting piece for me, being the Artist used Rarity being underwater as a way to draw her mane in a different way then her usual curly fashion we are all use to. I also love the lighting and shading done for the background, making the bubble around her have a sort of 3D effect. The eyes are also a nice touch and something i have been seeing a lot of in Digital Artist lately. Mostly how the light reflect's of the eyes making them seem very life like. 

The only negative comment i have to make, is well the background with the bubbles is nice it could have used a bit more. Something like a couple of fish or maybe some rocks or reef in the background. That way it creates less of a plain blue background and more of a ocean scene behind her. All in all i rate this Artwork a 9 out of 10, taking out the obvious point for lack of a better background. Be sure to view her DA page and come back for more Art critiques. Also if you have any Art work you wish to submit for critiquing feel free to send it to me at combsmusic97@gmail.com.
                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. I'm perfectly fine with this new direction. Now I don't have to consider you a rival, so I'm A okay with that. In fact I'll plug you over on OIM some time tomorrow and just remind people about Canterlot Weekly, now that you're post again let's try and get some more people over this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually could you send me a copy of you're new banner, I can't seem to right click and save it or at least I need a image link so I can post it.

      Delete